Papers & Presentations
- Covid Vaccinations & LSSI – A Global Solution
A proposal showing how LSSI can leverage Covid vaccinations, globally, both physically & digitally
- Secure, Network Based Legal Self-Sovereign Identity (LSSI)
A paper documenting building block components required to implement LSSI
- Rethinking Crappy Legal Identities to Reduce Fraud
Lockdown presentation July 29,2020
- Rethinking Corporate Human & AI/Bot Identities
A deck on rethinking corporate identity systems
- Canadian School System, Digital Identities & Future- A Thought Paper
Examines what changes the Canadian education system needs to make in the Covid/post-Covid era
- Covid, Business, Canadian Government & LSSI
Presentation to the Canadian government on leveraging LSSI to address Covid vaccinations
- Covid, Business, Government & LSSI
Presentation on leveraging LSSI to address Covid vaccinations
- AI Governance Presentation March 13,2020
Presentation on AI legal Identification for ASU sponsored workshop
- Artificial Intelligence & Legal Identification – A Thought Paper
Examines AI and requirements for legal identification
- Human Migration, Physical and Digital Legal Identity – A Thought Paper
Examines human migration, physical and digital legal identity, rethinking it
- Digital Twins/Virtual Selves, Identity, Security and Death – A Thought Paper
Examines digital twins/virtual selves, identity and what happens when we die
- Background Information on Identity, Data, Consent and Federation
- Bot Legal Identity Proposal
Bot identity proposal I wrote with Michael Kleeman, UCSD
- Incremental Human Legal Identity Proposal
Human legal identity proposal I wrote with Michael Kleeman, UCSD
- IDNext2019 Presentation
The presentation I gave at IDNext2019 in the Hague.
- Technological Tsunami Papers Summary
I’ve written more than 30 papers this past year about the incoming technological tsunami. It’s creating a “non-private” world. This paper lists them by topic area with links to each one. At the end is a desired results section.
- Young Children Data Privacy Challenges in the Tsunami Age
This paper examines the legal data privacy challenges from a fetus in the womb through to preschool. Where available, it contains some research references.
- Legal Privacy Framework for the Tsunami Age
This thought paper states all the legal requirements to create privacy in a non-private world.
- Children & Parent Privacy in the Tsunami Age
This paper examines what’s required to provide children and parent privacy for the incoming technological tsunami age we live in. Is starts with ovulation, pregnancy, newborns, toddlers/preschool, school, child health care and adolescents.
- Technological Tsunami & Future of IAM
This paper explores the effects of the incoming technological tsunami on identity and access management
- Harnessing the Technological Tsunami Wave of Change
This paper explores the effects of the technological tsunami wave of change striking our planetary shores describing a practical approach to building global collaboration.
- Kids’ Privacy in a Non-Private World – Why Even Super Hero’s Won’t Work
This paper explores how to protect kids in a non-private world
- I Know Who You Are & What You’re Feeling – Achieving Privacy in a Non-Private World
This paper explores the state of technology for behavior/biometrics and recommends requirements for new laws/regulations protecting them
- Policy Principles for AI, AR, VR, Robotics and Cloning – A Thought Paper
A policies thought paper aimed at industry and government leaders, privacy groups and citizens of the planet.
- The Identity Lifecycle of Jane Doe
A story about Jane Doe’s identity events in her life affected by the new age legal identity, data and consent framework
- New Age Architecture Principles Summary
This paper summarizes architectural principles used in many of the other 20 papers written about the new age legal framework required for identity, data and consent.
- One Pager – The Age of AI, AR, VR, Robotics & Human Cloning
This paper summarizes the technological tsunami approaching us and states requirements for new legal frameworks for identity, data and consent
- Rapidly Scaling Robotic Registration?
Thought paper discussing ways to rapidly scale robotic identification for “insane speeds” of creation
- Legally Identifying Robots (Robot Identification)
Thought paper proposing a new way of legal robotic identification
- Virtual Sex, Identity, Data & Consent
Thought paper on virtual sex, identity, data and consent
- Legal Person: Humans, Clones, Virtual and Physical AI Robotics – New Identity Principles
This paper discusses new age identity principles to legally differentiate humans, clones and virtual/physical robots
- Privacy Gone – AI, AR, VR, Robotics & Personal Data
This paper discusses how the incoming tsunami wave renders our old data privacy laws useless. It then proceeds to describe underlying premises required to create a new global data privacy framework.
- Consent Principles in the Tsunami Age
This paper discussed consent principles required for the technological tsunami approaching our shores caused by AI, AR, VR and robots
- I’m Not A Robot!
This paper discusses identity issues in differentiating humans from robots both physical and virtual
- New Age Assurance – Rethinking Identity, Data, Consent & Credential
This paper discusses how the new age legal toolkit of new laws for identity, data and consent can be used to rethink assurance for identity, data, consent and credentials.
- Where Shit Happens” – Deploying AI, AR, VR, Robotics, Identity & Consent in Challenging Parts of the Planet
The paper lays out why our old school ways of doing identity, data and consent no longer works in the age of AI, AR, VR, robotics and cloning. It then lays out a new way to achieve this but states it won’t work on its own in places where “shit happens”. The paper then proceeds to suggest a vision and plan to address not quite half the planet’s population living on the other side of the digital divide.
- When Our Legal Identity Trust System Goes “Poof!
A short paper describing the effects of a Geomagnetic Disturbance(GMD)/High-Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse(HEMP) event on our legal identity trust system and what we should be doing to mitigate the risks.
- Why the New Age Requires Rethinking Civil Registration Systems
This paper discusses why the incoming tsunami wave of technology requires a new age legal identity framework with a complete rethink of the planet’s existing civil registration systems.
- What New Age Civil Registration Systems Won’t Do
This paper discusses required checks and balances on creation of a new age civil registration system. It must mitigate the risk of governments wanting to control the identity of the person in a non-private world.
- Guy’s New Age Civil Registration/Vital Stats Design, Implementation and Maintenance Vision
This paper lays out my vision for designing, deploying and maintaining a new age civil registration/vital stats system.
- An Open Letter to All Canadians – Sept. 25, 2018
- Paper/Proposal sent to the Canadian Prime Minister, all Premiers and Treasury Board Minister
On Sept 3, 2018, I sent the paper/proposal to the Canadian PM, all premiers and Treasury Board Minister.
- Canada – We’ve An Identity Problem
This paper addresses Canadian identity problems of not easily being able to act anonymously and control our identity. It calls out for a new privacy by design system protecting our identity privacy for the next 100 years and includes recommendations to get us started.
- Creating Estonia Version 2.0 – Adjusting for Changes From 1999 to 2018
States the reasons why countries wanting to emulate the success of Estonia need to revise the model due to scientific, protocol and fraud changes from 1999 to present day and then presents the recommendations to do so. Updated with references to newer papers.
- A Modern Identity Solution – New Age Vital Stats/Civil Registries, Self-Sovereign Identity, Blockchain, Kantara User Managed Access & EMP Resistant Data Centres
Provides additional requirements beyond self-sovereign identity and blockchain to enable a modern day identity solution
- One pager – Trust in a Federated Economy
Quick summary of the thought leadership I have put together on trust, identities and a global, integrated, world
- Biometrics and Governments
Calls out for new guidelines, laws and regulations protecting a citizen’s biometrics
- Identity Federation – Citizen Consent and the Internet of Things
Calls out for new guidelines, laws and regulations protecting a citizen’s consent
- Identity Federation: Governments and Economic Growth
100,000-foot view of the revolution we are in
- Identity Federation: Mitigating Risks and Liabilities
Deep dive into what needs to be referenced in federation contracts
- Requirements for Successful Enterprises in a Federated Economy
Provides managers with an understanding of each critical area required to be successful. It’s written from different perspectives; users, third parties, governments and the agency managing the central identity verification and authentication service
- The Challenges With Identity Verification (2006)
My first thought paper on identity verification calling out for biometrics to be attached to vital stats services and new laws/regulations protecting the citizen’s biometrics
- Pat Scannell’s Diagram
Pat Scannell’s change vs time diagram
- CovidLSSI Use Cases
National ICT Papers
- Overview of My Various National ICT Presentations – 2016
- Developing Countries National ICT & Identity Strategy
- Developing Countries National ICT & Citizen Payments
- Developing Countries National ICT & Healthcare Strategy
- Developing Countries National ICT & Education Strategy
- Developing Countries National ICT & Security Strategy
- National ICT & Governance Strategy
- Proposed National Citizen Digital Identity Strategy
- National Target SOA Citizen Identity Architecture
- Ruud Bolle Paper on Revocable and Re-issuable Biometrics
I really like the concepts of the paper and have posted it here for easy reference